Glenallen Hwy needs more shoulders.

Day 32: August 1, 2017: Glenallen, AK: 339m/545km

Today marks the official halfway point, we are now driving back towards the house! 3 weeks before the turnaround point, not bad (6 days in SLC, 4 in Fairbanks). We made our way through the mountains with these wide open views. Perfect traffic, too-no RVs or campers! We wanted to pull over many times to snap a picture or two but, the shoulders were never big enough. Opa managed to roll into Glenallen with nothing but fumes in the tank. While Opa snagged groceries, I was looking for a camp on the phone. Another night of gravel, fun. This place had a laundry room and showers, even if the price was steep. I did laundry and let Opa rest in his tent, he needs it more than I do. It was odd to see the sunset before midnight after about a week of it still being bright at 3 A.M. I took a shower while my laundry finished in the dryer, the shower itself was an experience. A tiny bear shaped token was worth $4 for 7 minutes of showertime. Opa gave me his token, hooray for almost 15 minutes of hot water. I expect that we will be in Canada by tomorrow afternoon.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Photography Session

Sidecar Saturdays : Games and Awards