IBR Training

Day 47: August 16, 2017: Chattanooga, TN: 750m/1,207km

We packed away our belongings. Opa and Claude sipped coffee waiting for Angie to come in, so Opa could show her just the last few tips and tricks that he had left. We were on the road before 10 A.M. and started to make our way back. Opa joked that when he is less than 1,000 miles from home, he is like a mule at the end of the day. We rode and rode and rode. We rode for what felt like forever, using our shadows like sundials. We watched as the sun slowly sank behind the mountains. We were still miles from home. 9 P.M. turned into 10 P.M., which turned to 11:30 P.M. and a stop at the closest Waffle House in Knoxville. He had coffee, I had a waffle. We were in the home stretch. Opa was ready to race it at 80-85, but didn't for the fear of deers being near the freeway. It was just time to sleep in our own beds. I had to keep him awake and talking the whole way home, he would get a into a drift or a sway going down the road but we were so close to home. We eventually made it up the mountain. We pulled our bikes into the garage, Omi came outside for hugs and hellos, I left everything in my sidecar. I grabbed my keys, got in the car, and drive another 15 miles home. I took a long hot shower and crawled in my bed with my very happy cat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Photography Session

Sidecar Saturdays : Games and Awards