Driving Around Tok

Day 25: July 25, 2017: Tok, AK: 198m/319km

I cleaned up after breakfast, finished packing, and Opa was chatting with a young bicyclist from Montreal who was peddling across Canada, into Alaska, and then would fly home. The owner gave us a coupon to get gas in Beaver Creek, the last town before we cross into Alaska. We ran into Stephan, again. He was staying at Yukon Discovery for a few days to help around the camp as a way to pay for room and board. He was backpacking with a razor scooter. He is also trying to make it Fairbanks, I wish him well.
We had no problems crossing into Alaska. We thought the roads had been rough, we were wrong. These were terrible. Opa was chuckling as we pulled in to Tok, "Fast Eddy's is still here!"
We stopped at the usual campground, but the prices were outrageous. Opa had me look for other options hoping we wouldn't be stuck there or at Fast Eddy's. Luckily, we found Sourdough Campground, down the road and off of the bypass. The young man working there was incredibly helpful. Opa let me drive around Tok, alone. I went to the two gift shops and the visitor center. I got a certified Mosquito Hunting License from the Visitor Center. Also, found a few souvenirs and another license plate for Opa. I got some chips for dinner and brought back some fig newtons to split. I gave Opa his license plate and half of the fig newtons, I grabbed the bags of laundry and wandered off to the laundry room.
The Alaskan Highway 75th Anniversary plate on the bottom was purchased in Teslin. The "OLDFART" plate will go on his Compact Camper trailer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Photography Session

Sidecar Saturdays : Games and Awards