Crossing into Colorado

Day 9: August 9, 2017: Provo, UT: 228m/367km

Today I learned that I need to eat with or before my medication. I found a few places in Fruita for breakfast. Opa decided that they were all too far from the freeway, so we would pass. I saw a sign stating that there would be nothing for another 55 miles but, we kept riding. I was feeling pretty rough when we pulled into Green River. Opa had picked a location from the GPS, once we pulled up to it, we weren't very impressed with the place. I mentioned the Tamarisk, a place that looked packed as we drove in, we made our way over. Opa ordered a large breakfast. I ordered bacon pancakes. After a medically induced hot flash, I couldn't finish eating, couldn't stand the thought of being near food. I finished what was probably an entire pitcher of water before I was ready to go again.  We settled on Provo as our next stop. With my weird heat waves and Opa getting drowsy on and off most of the afternoon, it was the best decision. We ended up with an early evening and a lazy day resting, there was ice cream, of course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Photography Session

Sidecar Saturdays : Games and Awards