We're back and still no RV Lane.

Day 33: August 2, 2017: Quill Creek/Beaver Creek: 337m/542km

Opa has recovered from the Arctic Circle, he was up and at it this morning. We settled on the local restaurant for breakfast at the Caribou Hotel. I even spotted a purple Tok Thai Truck parked at the gas station! If only I had known. Hours later he complained that the food wasn't sitting well with him. What he eats makes me sick, what I eat makes him sick: it's a lose-lose situation.
We drove through Tok and I was kind of sad. It was nearing the end of my Alaskan adventure for a while.
As we pull up to the border, Opa mumbles about all of the RVs and how hot it will be. He wasn't joking. After almost 45 minutes of waiting in line, we were both through and back in Canada. While we were getting gas, he of course, had to scavenge for ice cream. He wasn't satisfied with the selection but reminded him of where he could find some ice cream. The Discovery Yukon Campground. Opa chuckled and said it would be perfect.
We paid for our spot, grabbed a pint of ice cream each and made our way to the same spot we had before. After the pint containers were licked clean, we started setting up for the night. Before he went to bed, he turned the GPS on to mark the location as a favorite. "I'll never be back here again. It's my last time being out this far--but you may want to come back here." It almost hurts hearing him say that. Lucky me, he would usually only say things like that when were riding, so I wouldn't have to worry about hiding my watery eyes. We had finished settling in and going over the maps, tomorrow we will park it in Teslin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Photography Session

Sidecar Saturdays : Games and Awards